February 1, 2009

Keiki Time!

In Hawaiian, keiki means "little one." I've been dying to do a shoot with a little itty bitty baby, and last week I had the chance to take some photos of 5 month-old Oona and her mom, Arianne. As you'll see from the pictures below, I'm not exaggerating when I say that this keiki is about as cute as they come. One thing I loved about photographing Oona-- her name means "unity," by the way-- is it reminded me how simple the world used to be. Remember that? When there was nothing more to do than be cuddled, eat, play with pets and toys and your own little toes, cuddle some more... sleep.... *sigh* What a life we all once had!

Oona and her parents live in a beautiful house up in the hills, with an open-beam ceiling and tons of light. For a while, I was really, really into interior design and Arianne and her husband David's house was just my style! Modern, with earthy touches like unfinished open beams, and a slate/ rock wall that reaches to the tip-top of the tall ceiling. Low, modern couches and floor-to-ceiling windows... *swoon!* It's an absolutely gorgeous house to hold an absolutely gorgeous family. Eventually I would like to learn a little more about architectural photography, but for now I'm perfectly happy to spend my time taking people-pictures, and am hoping to do another keiki shoot soon! (Probably because try as I might, I just can't get away with sleeping and cuddling and playing with my own toes all day... and if I can live vicariously through a cute lil' one while taking pictures, I'll take it!)









Even the dogs in this family are adorable!




No comments:

Post a Comment