July 10, 2008

Hootenanny 2008

Wow!! I had SUCH a great time at the Hootenanny last weekend! This is my third Hootenanny, and this time I was lucky enough to score a media pass which gave me front-stage access (I snuck backstage for all of two minutes before getting the boot! Oops! I'll take what I can get :)

Some of the best bands in SoCal were there, including rockabilly legend Glen Glenn, Big Sandy and the Fly Rite Boys, Tiger Army and of course, the indestructible Mike Ness. It was rockabilly heaven... and with all the cars, tats, slicked-back 'dos and parasols, it made for some fantastic photos. Here are a bunch of my favorites:


Driving to the show:



Everyone's gotta look good!






With music comes mayhem... in the form of burning porta-potties:



The Hootenany wouldn't be complete without gorgeous old cars...





And, of course, the music.

Big Sandy and His Fly Rite Boys:





Royal Crown Revue:








The girls went crazy for Glen Glenn, who is seen here handing out pictures of himself with Elvis:





Tiger Army (click here for youtube link):











And last but not least, Mike Ness of Social Distortion:








Self Portrait (or, Note to Self: Wear sensible shoes next year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment