July 15, 2008

Impel at the Derby

Last Thursday I saw my friend Poon's band, Impel play at the Derby in Los Feliz. They're so good! Poon and the guys have come a long way since I last heard them in a big storage space in Fremont, CA over two years ago. Even with the less-than-ideal acoustics at the Derby, they sounded great! I can't wait to hear more from them... and from the looks of it, that'll be happening very, very soon!

Note: Due to really funny lighting and a no-flash rule, I had a hard time capturing Aaron, on drums and Justin on guitar. *Sigh*-- I've got lots and lots to learn.... and probably some very expensive lenses to buy. Anywho, here are Poon and Erik in all of their Impel glory!







2 comments:

  1. I like these! What equipment are you using Michelle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! just a little ol' canon rebel xti and a tamron 28-75/ 2.8.

    next on my list is a nice 50mm and a super wide angle... maybe a 14mm. might be a while, though-- this is one heck of an expensive hobby!

    ReplyDelete